Let's Talk Money

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Teachers...Do You Really Enjoy Your Job As A Teacher?

How is it to be a teacher? Is it an easy profession? What is your purpose in choosing teaching as your profession? Teaching course in the Philippines is 4 years, not including masters. After receiving diploma, to be eligible to teach, the newly graduate has to take the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) and should pass it. I'm sure all countries are the
same as well, although maybe some differs in procedures.

There are teachers in my family (aunts, uncles, niece, nephews, and other distant relatives) and two of them, I witness their teaching methods. They are my aunts who happened to be my teacher when I was in grade 1 and 4 in my primary days. They were both strict but in different ways. Not unlike in today's generation, teachers before can easily discipline their pupils or students, either in soft or stern voice. 

Teachers in this generation of modern technology, as I observed is more challenging than before. Seldom are students before who say "No" to a teacher. Politeness and respect is always observed. In my days, one of our subject is "GOOD MANNERS AND RIGHT CONDUCT" (GMRC), I am not aware if this subject still exist today. We are taught how to respect our teachers, to be polite to anybody, to be courteous, and other things to mold us and be good citizens in a community.

Modern technology generation made a lot of changes of relationships between teachers and students. This is due to changes in curriculum, procedures, behaviors, and a lot more. What had been taught as a method in teaching in college is still not enough for a teacher to face the challenges of teaching. 

"Dignity"...I like this word. This will define who and what we are as a person...as a human being. To all teachers and educators in this planet...MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.


No comments:

Post a Comment